Wednesday 19 May 2010

POST HAIR LIP OPERATION

Oh my little boy looks wonderful. And when I say "my little boy" of course I mean my clients little boy, but I love my charges no less than any baby I have looked after.

The doctors at Great Ormond Street Hospital have done a fantastic job on his lip, he looks so good and it is healing very well.

Of course, he is on antibiotics and pain killers still, but it won't be long till he won't need them.
Tomorrow (5 days after his operation) he goes back to have his minute and almost unnoticeable stitches out.

I thought he would find it hard to smile; but no, he gave me the sweetest little grins as usual, bless him.
I can't say what admiration I have for the surgeons who do this micro surgery and bring together everything to look so normal.

Last night I gave him his bottles, although understandably his appetite is down, but he seemed to have no trouble taking what he wanted.
In a short time he will be taking his usual amount of milk again and gaining good weight.

Before his operation, he was 'nil by mouth', which I think must have been the hardest part for his parents. Anyone who has looked after a baby knows that when they are hungry, they want to be fed .. and NOW!

So back again tonight to see my dear little chap, who has been so brave. It has all been worth it, I'm so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment