Friday 1 January 2010

ROUTINES. BE FLEXIBLE

Babies have a wonderful sense of humour. Just as you think they have a routine going, they go and change it!

Last night the little boy I was looking after slept through the night, but decided that getting up time was 5.30am.
No matter how I tried to settle him, he would have none of it.

So, at 6.30 he accompanied me as I got dressed and we went downstairs and he had his breakfast at 7.30 as usual.

So, with a little adjustment by myself, he was back in routine again and settled for his morning nap at the usual time.

The lesson being; sometimes it is better to be flexible and not stressed about something out of your control, but work towards easing things back to normal.
After all, as they get bigger the routine will change.

I feel the most important thing is to keep the schedule as normal as possible. Babies (like adults), like to know what comes next, just as we do; and in this case - breakfast, play, nap).

No more Blogging for a few days as I am off to a health farm, before starting with my next little friend, who was born yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment