Sunday 24 January 2010

LABELS ON CLOTHING

Well I'm back, after looking after the dearest little girl [now nearly 5 weeks old]and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with her and her charming parents and was very sad to leave them.

But back to the business of being today, a Grumpy Old Woman!....

Grr.. Baby clothes drive me made!

I have just been sorting through a newborn’s baby clothes and the amount of labels at the back of the neck is not only unreal, but unkind.

There are a plethora of them and in copious supply.
Not only that, they are hard and have sharp edges that would scratch my old neck, let alone the delicate skin of a baby.

Who are these people that do this?

Have they any idea of what they are doing and the target market they are catering for?
Or are they just going through the motions of selling to the masses?
Probably, the later.

I could understand if it was obligatory, but ... it can't be.
Otherwise, the better manufacturers would do it as well.
Good retailers are thoughtful, use softer labels and place them elsewhere on the garment.

Funnily, some of the most famous, trendy and expensive brands are the most guilty.

Which means only one thing. Good retailers care about their product:
The others don't care a jot.

No comments:

Post a Comment